Thursday 10 May 2012

Shot0142: Animation Development

I had to animate one of the shots in our fast pace section. The idea behind the fast pace section is that we have loads of flashing and have a blue grade to the shots. As its flashing we wanted to save time and keep the animations simple and not go into loads of detail. But we wanted to make the shots fast and to the point. My shot was shot0142, where the intern appears from behind the zombie.

Below is a video of my block out of the shot and my planning for what to happen. I tried to keep it simple.



Using stepped  tangent I started to get more detail of the poses and the motion of both characters. I wanted to achieve a good swing of the zombie jaw and timing of the intern appearance right.



Below is a quick test using a black plane to try give an idea of how the animation looks with some flashes as thats how we are going to see it in the film. I wanted to make sure it flows well and is well timed.




Here is the animation in linear and finalised! Joe and Nick who both animating on the film have given it the go ahead so this shot will now be lit and rendered! I'm fairly happy with the outcome, I have animated it awhile but I like the motions and poses I created and think the shot works well.






No comments:

Post a Comment