Thursday 24 May 2012

Character Uv's


Here are the final uv's for both characters. I have laid them over multiple uv spaces as I wanted to have more detail on elements and would of had more trouble with that if they were all on one uv space. Also gives me a chance to break the mesh into it shader groups. The uv's were originally done by Josh but there were model changes and topology changes so I had to redo them. Below are some images of the tools I used to create the uv's.

The unfold tool: This tool isn't as used as much as I think it should be. You need to cut up your model well using the cut edge tool in the uv settings and then the unfold tool can give you great advantages to create smooth and even uv's


When you have multiple meshes creating your model you need to keep it organised. One of the best tools to do this is the layout tool. First thing it does is resize the uv's so they are all even, which is exactly what you want as you want the same resolution when it comes to texturing. Also once this is done you can select the group you want to be on the same uv space and it will lay them out for you.



I am happy with how the uv's worked out. Along the way there were a few hick ups but easily fixed and reworked. 




No comments:

Post a Comment