Thursday 10 May 2012

Compositing: Character stills

I have started to look at nuke and I plan to do a composite on one of the fast pace shots so I have decided to do a few tests first and learn about how to go by it. I am going to render some stills I have rendered with the same layers as the shots do so I know what I am doing when I get my shot assigned. Steph also has been kind enough to run me through some of the tricks of the trade.


Here is a screen shot of my Nuke scene setup. I have broken down my rendered images into their layers and passes so I can get complete control. The main idea is to merge the passes over the top of each other then I can control the levels.


I have learnt how to use grade and hue correction nodes to change the colour and make sure it looks the way I want it to. I also used mattes/alphas of the different parts of the body and model to control things individually, giving me even more control.

Below are three images showing my comp. I feel its a nice first draft I was able to plan with the levels and the depth/blur I wanted. I feel that I have only scratched the surface of what Nuke can do but I feel confident that I can take a render and refine it in Nuke making a better render out of it.




With this images I have tried to use the depth map pass. The image below shows this development. The head has a slight blur to the edge and the same with the hands. It gives the image abit more depth and makes it feel more 3D not just a flat render.


No comments:

Post a Comment