Thursday 24 May 2012

Lighting Shot0150

Shot0150 is one of our beauty shots! Greg was the original lighter on this shot but I felt that the zombie when leaving the lift was way to dark and that it needed redeveloping and with Greg working at Framestore I took on the task. Below is the original lighting I started with. 


I took away the lift and started to just concentrate on the zombie as the lift has its own lighting set up made by Greg, and I am happy with that its just the zombie I am concentrating on.





I started by adding a point light above the head to get the first impression of where the light was coming from. I didn't want to have loads more lights in case of over exposing the zombie.  So the idea was to place the light to get as much of the face as I could. These two renders (above, below) show the new light placed above the head.


I felt the light placement was wrong and that I wasn't getting the right look that I was looking for. So I have replaced the light but this time I lowered it slightly in front of the zombie to shine on the face more  as well as adding a fill light lower down. I am happier with the outcome. Me and Steph are happy with this setup as we feel we can make anymore adjustments in comp! As you can see, here are the two new lights and where they are now positioned to light the front of the Zombie.



After some tweaks and refining within maya and comp. Here is the final look of the zombie within the shot. I am very happy with this shot. I think it shows the distance we have all come as everything in this scene looks good. The render layers we are creating are giving use great benefits when comping.



No comments:

Post a Comment