Friday 25 May 2012

My Role

When this project began I was mainly focusing on the Character modelling. In total through out the year I have modelled 4 Characters: Zombie (Below) and Intern for Going Down that I designed and The Vein and Crude wizard for SpellBound. Although as the project developed I became more as a generalist working on all aspects of the project.


The 3 images below show examples of both character for Going Down in a variety of shots. I feel the design of the characters work well together. I would if I had more time rework some elements such as the zombie clothing, where I would improve on the models and add another level of detail. Also with the intern I would do the same, taking everything to the next step.






For both characters I created all the blendshapes used in the film. The intern was the main focus when creating the blendshape as we had be able to make a wide range of facial expressions for the film. The zombie on the other hand mostly had eyebrow movements but we had to make sure it that the jaw worked well as the animation of the zombie relied on a good working jaw. Greg Martin is to thank for that as he created a great control giving loads of room for movement. Also in the image below you can see the outcome of the Hair I created using maya hair system for the Intern character. It was my first try at creating hair and I think the end result works well.



As well as light a big section on the film I also took on the task of creating the render layers for the shots ready to be rendered then be composited by Steph. Each render layer had its purpose and it was my job to make sure that each render layer worked with nuke as it would be waste of time if the render layers didn't work after we had taken the time to render all the frames. I started using nuke to check that what I was doing was working.



Later on in the project  I took on the task of trying to  composite one of the shots. I composited one of the fast pace blue shots. I found it really enjoyable and felt that I learnt loads from doing that one shot. I even started developing a comped version of my turntable (images at the top of post).


In total I did the lighting for around 8 shots in the film. I also animated 4 Zombies out of the 7 found it the final shot (shot0180).  So all in all, I have worked on every stage on the Going Down film. Also I have worked on environment modelling and texturing in Spellbound as well as developing Grass and Hair for the other two characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment