Wednesday 28 March 2012

Painting Weights: Intern & Zombie

At one point in the project I took over the task from Greg to paint all the weights for the two characters.  I hadn't done it before but I with some of the animation scenes I could check what I'm doing works with the animation and gives the best outcome!

Below are some videos taken of the latest weights for both characters. I know I will need to make per shot edits but these weights should be enough to get things working well!



When creating the hands, I took awhile to get to a point when I was happy with the outcome. I wanted to make sure I gave the animators weights that could be push to extreme poses, and the hands needed loads of tweaking and tests before I got them to this stage.







Below shows an example of before and after! The top image shows the original weights that were handed to me and the bottom image shows my final weights for the zombie. This shot and its animation gave me loads of movement to check my weights with, making sure it holds up with a lot of movement. You can see the trouble areas that occured. It seems the separate meshes were the main problem area. Although if I was to model the character again I would model a full body and use cloth sim!  Although I am happy with the out come of the weights.


These two images, show the advantages you get by using an animation scene as a reference to check your weights as moving the arm in t-pose just doesn't cut it.



No comments:

Post a Comment