Thursday 8 March 2012

Intern Texture Draft:01

Now time to start developing the Shaders. Starting with the Shirt for the intern! The idea is that I want to add a light shirt type of bump texture to the surface. As you can see below I had a few problems with the bump as I keep getting the strange effect at the lower part of the shirt. 


I tried by removing the bump (below) and the displacement to see what was causing the problems. Although if its uv related then I will need to fix that, which will cause reworks on the whole shirt development.


Now I tried just the bump on its own, as you can see it works fine. So the displacement map is causing a problem, that can be down to the uv's or some of the GEO. But for now I am actually preferring the shirt without the DSP as the wrinkles are thicker and the GEO works better with the light.





Here is a quick full render of the intern as it stands at the moment. I am fairly happy although I think things will change more and more when we get lighting tests scenes from shots and also seeing how well it looks animated.


No comments:

Post a Comment