Saturday 7 April 2012

Lighting Development Shot0010

This blog posts starts from the bottom!




Here is a comped version of the lighting! we are developing this as much as we can but as it stands most of the work will be done in comp as we are happy with the lighting setup and it works well broken down into different layers.



Above shows my development increasing and adapting the settings to create the right levels and intensity. The main goal was to make sure the intern is the key


The problem I was having with the spotlights were mainly because of the drop off on the lights, as if its low you get to much of a distance between the lights and it become to dark to work with.




I am now starting to develop the lighting myself. This time I am using spot lights to create the lighting. I feel this suits the idea we are trying to create and will gives loads of control in comp to create the outcome we want.


This render (above) shows the problems with the intern and I'm not sure why it does this. As I mentioned I thought it was to do with the decay on the lights but this setup had decay and still had the exposed intern. I think this is because of the mental ray shaders and it could be more to do with the shaders being effected differently with lights. However, I feel that the Area lights are giving off the wrong vibe and that they are causing renders to be huge. This one frame too 15 minutes alone to render on medium settings. This is way to high for us as we will need to add layers and passes which will cause it to become a huge render.



This shot was firstly developed by Dave, but we had alot of problems with the scene. He firstly used Area lights and we kept getting a very weird outcome. Above are some of my renders I didn't developing from Dave's lighting set up. The problem that I found out was the decay with the lights and the vast amount of lights that were in the scene. Each light had a high intensity that caused alot of problems. Also you can see in the images that the intern is extremely over exposed. I think this is because there is no decay on the lights.



No comments:

Post a Comment