Thursday 8 March 2012

Intern Blendshapes

Here shows the blendshapes development. The intern will need a wide range of motion and be able to pull multiple amount of facial expressions as we have kept the interns design to a more simple design. I have used Zbrush to develop the blendshapes, within Zbrush I would create a base layer which from that I would make a layer for each blendshape. See images below showing each layer labelled with the name of the blendshape.

With this in mind I would sculpt what is needed on the layer and with Zbrush layers I can blend between the two so I could see the movement and be able to develop it with the ability to see the movement without setting up a blendshape chain in Maya.

Below shows three videos with the rig and how that moved to control the blendshapes, the smoothed out come and a wireframe example.

Rig:


Smooth:



Wireframe:



The image below shows each individual blendshape I created in Zbrush. When I export the files from Zbrush it creates all the blendshape connections within maya so I can see that all my movements I saw with Zbrush have been carried across. Also Zbrush is good to see how it moves but within maya I can mix and match the layers together to see that I can create different facial expressions.



No comments:

Post a Comment