Wednesday 28 March 2012

Shot0011 Render Dev: Lighting

Here is the development for the light of shot0011. The idea of this office is to highlight the the intern in a darkly lit room. Firstly I decided to use area lights, maximum three. A Key light, Fill light and an additional light from the screen.

Below is an example of the area top light. This is the Key light of the shot as it is there to represent the light above the intern. When I rendered this, there were no textures for the office but it gave me a good idea of what the light is doing.


Once I got that key light in I began to think about colour. I wanted to make sure we set a mood and use the right tone of colour for what is going on in the shot. The image below shows my tests in photoshop.




From this development we light the blue tone and so I go going with trying to get the right of the lighting setup. Something I wanted to add was a green tint from the screen as in the next 2 shots we want the interns face lit up by the screen. I plan to use the books to the left of the Intern to show the green tint from the screen. As you can see without the screen the shot seems very dull and contains to contrast or drama!


Now that I have brought in the screen light I get a nice shadow and highlights on the books. Next plan is to get a green tint as white is again dull and adds nothing to the scene!



Now I got the colour on the screen I am starting to like the the setup. Although I don't think there is enough green tint around the set. The screen doesn't seem to be giving off the colour that it would if it was real.


This is what I'm talking about (below)! I have managed to get the Green tint on the book stacks and back wall, this gives the impression that the screen is giving off a nice amount of light, illuminating whats around it. I feel this is what we are looking for as it lights up the left side nicely as we do see it in other shots and we need some contrast on them to make them interesting! Now its time to get render layers and send it off to comp!









No comments:

Post a Comment