Sunday 16 October 2011

Hair Development

I have started to develop the hair for the Vein wizard. What I had to do for this was to try develop a method that gives us control of adjusting and developing the concept quickly. I took a day to try develop a technique and worked out cv curves are the way forward. What I started to do was to create a scalp that I can build upon that the hair comes through the top of the head of the character. Once I have my scalp I build a hair system that builds straight cv curves on all the faces of the mesh like you see below. However I don't want that as I want to be able to control the shape more as well as the hair system its self as I was unable to move around the curves into the style we want.

So the idea is that we build from these curves then break the connection to the old hair system and apply a new one onto it which gives me the control of adapting the hair to my needs.










The Idea of render is the next problem as render time is a problem when you start to play with the settings of the hair. But I have learnt many settings that can be lowered to keep render times low and to a nice quality. The two images to the left show me playing with the colour, the problem I had at first was hair thickness, as I was having loads of space between each strand and it looked like wire and had no smooth refine finish to it.








However with some development I started again, and used more cv curves to build from. (right) This image shows this development, I tried to break the uniform look so it added abit more shape and realistic feel to it. I was very happy with this render. What I plan to develop is the strands at the bottom as there is still abit to much gap but with the full head added I think it will look nice.















No comments:

Post a Comment